Report on the Open TT’s
Oxonian Open 25
We had 36 solos plus one tandem (6 Oxonians). There were 7 non-starters plus one DNF (the tandem). Weather was windy but dry. Fastest man was Tony Turner (51:39, Micky Cranks) and fastest woman was Neive Richardson (1:04:03, Cheltenham and County). Tony also won the vets prize. Oxonian won the team prize (Stephen Parfitt, Phil Strongman and Ian Radburn).
Oxonian Open 50
The club Open 50 event was held on Sunday 10th July on the A420 with excellent conditions, dry and very little wind. Along with the national trend entries were down compared to previous years and only 21 riders competed, including six women and two sprightly gentlemen aged over 80. The event was won by Tony Turner of Micky Cranks CC – riding his first ever 50 – with a time of 1-47-54. Tony also won the veteran prize at 31:15 faster than the VTTA standard. The first woman was Emma O’Toole (Nopinz Motip RT) in 2-08-51.
We are promoting club cycling sessions
If you would like to come along and learn more about riding in a group or know someone who would be interested please send us an email. We are planning to run this on 20th, 27th August and 3rd September.
- New to Cycling?
- Interested in Group Cycling or Simply want to improve your Sills?
- Why not join Oxonian Cycle Club’s three week Program, to help you Cycling like a Pro?
- 3 x 1-Hour Sessions
- Date to be confirmed
- Sessions in and around Eynsham
- Cost £25
- Limit to 8 people
- Oxonian Cycle Club Membership
- Fully Coached Sessions with Accredited Coach Rob Suriano
- Option to join Oxonian Club Cycles on weeks 2 and 3
- £15 discount for a Oxonian Club Cycle top (regular price £45)
- Participating with one of the oldest and most established Cycling Club’s in the region
What you will learn
- How to Set your Bike up
- Gear selection & pedalling technique
- Bike Handling and signalling
- Hill climbing technique
- Group Cycling Skills
- General bike maintenance
Contact Rob if you are interested in coming along.
It’s time for the Bayliss cup.
This will be run on the 3rd August 25ml Burford/Lechlade. Anyone wishing to compete for this will need submits their fastest 10 and 25 miles times. We will place this on the entry form for the Wednesday TT.