This will take place on Saturday 20th January at Freeland Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.
We are trying something different to the traditional formal dinner this year, with a comprehensive buffet, followed by presentation of trophies. Paul Allday has put together the following very appealing menu for us.
- Rare roast topside of beef with horseradish sauce
- Honey and mustard roasted ham
- Roast turkey breast with cranberry and orange relish
- Chipotle spiced chicken breast with sweetcorn and coriander salsa
- Salmon, watercress and lime tart
- Butternut squash, basil, pine nut and Pecorino frittata (V)
- Ras-el-hanout spiced cous cous with Feta, mint and pomegranate
- Baby spinach salad with quinoa, kidney beans and cherry tomatoes
- Classic coleslaw
- Beetroot, Braeburn apple and roasted pepper salad with balsamic dressing
- Mixed tomato, olive and mozzarella salad with basil dressing
- Sliced cucumber salad
- Mixed baby leaf salad
- Hot minted new potatoes
- Salted bread croutons
- Salted pumpkin seeds
- French dressing
- Caesar dressing
- Olive oil
- Tropical fresh fruit salad with creme fraiche
- Tarte aux pommes with vanilla cream
- Baked New York cheesecake with a fruit compote
- Chocolate tartelette with a raspberry puree
So, hopefully all needs catered for and all for the princely sum of £15.00 per person, under 16s £5.00.
There will also be a cash bar for drinks.
I look forward to seeing all trophy winners with as many members and their guests as possible on the evening.