Charlbury Open Time Trial
Our first open event of the season is the Charlbury TT, and this year’s event will be on Sunday 19th April 2020. The race is on a 36 mile course taking in two laps of a rolling circuit in the Cotswolds countryside.
The event offers something very different to the pan flat, out-and-back courses that are the staple of the TT calendar. Its rolling nature means that its well suited to tackling on an ordinary road bike, and this year we will be incorporating a road bike division (with prizes!) within the main event.
Even if you’ve never ridden a TT before, this is a great opportunity to pin a number on your back and take part in a race.
Road bike rules
You can ride the event on any bike that meets CTT rules, but there will be separate results and prizes for riders on normal road bikes rather than TT bikes. To qualify for the road bike division, please follow these rules:
1. No aerobars, clip on aerobars or aero extensions can be used (not even those funny little triathlon ones)
2. Hands must be holding the handlebars at all times whilst racing (ie. not with forearms resting on the handlebar)
3. Legs must only be covered to mid calf
4. Wheels may have no more than 90mm depth and must have at least 12 spokes
5. Helmets must have no visor
6. Ears must not be covered by the helmet
Please tick the box at sign-on if you wish to be included in the road bike division. If in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an open time trial so pre-entry is required. You can enter via the CTT website. Entries will close on 7th April.
You do need to be a member of a CTT affiliated club in order to enter. If you’re not and would like to race, please drop me an email at email@example.com.
If you want a taster of the course, we are running a club event on one lap of the same course on Sunday 29th March. You can find more information on entering our club events on our time trial page.